The intended candidate for this internship has unfortunately had to cancel, so we are again looking for an intern for our Building Change work. The internship starts as soon as possible, no later than 1 March. If you are interested, please respond quickly!
Politicians and policymakers in the Netherlands too often make decisions that harm developing country interests. For example, trade, agriculture and migration policies undermine efforts for sustainable and inclusive development. We must prevent what we give with one hand from being taken away with the other.
In the Building Change partnership, the FMS works with Partos and Woord & Daad to make this happen. The Dutch government should have maximum positive impact on developing countries, with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the starting point. This principle guides how we think about development cooperation within Building Change.
The intern will work in an international, political environment. We therefore expect you to have a good political sense and an open, communicative attitude. You are able to gather information efficiently and articulate it clearly, even under time pressure. A good command of English and organisational skills are necessary. Furthermore, you are skilled in writing (news) articles and able to work independently in a busy working environment.
What does this internship entail?
- You independently assist in lobbying Lower House members and policymakers. This requires knowledge of and interest in Dutch politics, and the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations are close to your heart.
- You will also keep up with current developments on various topics, such as trade, migration and security.
- You identify political moments for influencing policy and work on creating tools for political action and mobilising constituencies.
- You will also help generate visibility of our activities.
- During this internship, you will get to know development organisations and Dutch politics.
What do we offer?
You will gain experience within a political NGO and get to know development organisations. There is good internship supervision and a collegial working atmosphere. The internship period runs (preferably) from 1 March to 31 June at the latest. You will work four days a week at our office in The Hague. The traineeship fee is €375 per month, provided you are enrolled at a Dutch higher education institution. Otherwise, a (lower) volunteer allowance applies.
Mail your application letter and CV as soon as possible (no later than 10 February) to email@example.com. For more information, call 020- 5512 274. See also: www.foundationmaxvanderstoel.nl and www.partos.nl/building-change. Job interviews will take place (subject to availability) at our office in The Hague.
Download this page the internship vacancy in pdf.